The Heat Tool by Stampin' Up! is a must-have item in your tool drawer.
It is used to add dimension and depth to your paper crafted items
It allows you to melt & set embossing powders, or melt Heat & Stick Powder to use with our glitter.
Here are a few tips to help you create beautiful projects each time you use your heat tool:
1. Always wipe the surface to be embossed with an Embossing Buddy before you stamp. This will stop the embossing powder from sticking to areas of the cardstock other than that which is to be embossed.
2. To protect your fingers from getting burnt, use the Application Tool (looks like a mini Popsicle stick) from a rub-ons set to hold down your project while you're heating it up.
3. Warm up the heat tool for a few seconds before you aim it towards your project, then it will deliver a more even heat and you'll be done faster.
4. I wrap a piece of cardboard with aluminum foil. Then I put the "foil board" on a work surface and aim your heat gun at the center of the board.
5. Place your project on top of the 'warm' section and watch how much faster your project heats up! This is because you're heating the item from the top and the bottom.
4. Use a paint brush to dust off your Powder Pals trays to make sure you get all the embossing powder back into the container.
If you are interested in purchasing a heat gun, or any other tools, contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or click the “SHOP NOW” icon on the left hand side of my blog.