Shel’s Stampin’ News March 1, 2012
Hi Stampers and Scrapbookers!
Happy March 1st!
I am sooooooooo glad that February is done and over! It was an insanely busy month for me and my least favorite month of the year- so YEAH! March is here!
I have lots to share with you this month, so let’s get started:
1. The new Simply Scored Diagonal Plate is now available! This is a plate that fits on your Simply Scored and allows you to create your own envelopes, boxes, as well as many other 3D items! It has score lines every 1/8” and works with paper sizes up to 12” x 12”. This is an amazing tool. I just got mine and you are welcome to come over and try it out- I know you are going to love it! It is just $15.95 and think of the money you will save when you can make your own envelopes instead of buying them.
2. Don’t forget Sale-A-Bration…for every $60.00 in product you purchase you get to choose any item for FREE from the Sale-A-Bration catalog! Choose from embossing folders, stamp sets, digital products, cardstock, designer series papers, ribbons and brads….lots of amazing products to choose from….it ends on March 31st. Catalog is available on my blog: www.shelscreativecorner.blogspot.com
3. Classes for March:
Scrapbooking Class- March 8th @ 6:30 $20.00 or FREE with $30.00 order
Cardmaking Technique Class- March 21st @ 6:30- $20.00 or FREE with $30.00 order
Weekend Card Classes- Sat Mar 4th or Sun Mar 11th @ 2:00-$20.00 or FREE with $30.00 order
FREE Crop- Sat Mar 24th 10-4
*******You need to contact me to reserve a seat for all of my classes and events.
4. Upcoming Special Class for April- Mini Album Class- Saturday April 4th @ 10 am. We will be making a coil bound mini album. Cost is $35.00 and must be prepaid prior to class. Space is limited for this class so register today!
5. Want to take advantage of the great Sale-a-Bration promotion….there are still dates available to host a workshop. Invite your friends over (your home or mine) and host a workshop. You get a special hostess gift from me, hostess benefits from Stampin Up, as well as the bonuses from Sale-a- Bration promotion. Want more info? Contact me today! FREE PRODUCTS are great!!
6. Have you been thinking about becoming a demonstrator? Or even a hobby demonstrator? Now is the perfect time to join….you get $70.00 off the cost and as a special incentive if you join during the Sale-a-Bration period you get free products every month for the first year!! Want more info? Contact me today!!
7. Are you new to stamping and have lots of questions? Would you like to learn more and try stamping to see if you like it, with no obligation? I offer a one –on- one Stampin 101 class for newbies. Contact me today to arrange a time for you to come over and explore the world of stamping and get all your questions answered.
8. Backordered Report: The following are the current items on the backordered report:
You can currently order the following item, and it will begin shipping the week of April 23.
113474: Big Shot Doctor's Bag
You can currently order the following item, but a shipping date has not been determined. We will let you know as soon as we have more information.
104511: Natural 12" x 12" Linen Ring Album
9. I hope all the girls who downloaded the free trial of My Digital Studio in February have enjoyed learning how to use it and have made some projects. If you are interested in purchasing it, please contact me.
10. Shel’s Perfect Bowmaker Tool is now available for sale on my blog. Check it out! There is no easier way to make perfect bows every time!
11. Finally, I have attached a tutorial for you. Remember you can always change up the stamps….Have fun with it and I would love to see your finished cards!
Happy Stamping and Inky hugs til next month. Hope to see you soon in one of my classes!
Elements of Style Card August 2011 Techniques Used:
Cardstock: Stamp Sets: Inks: Other Supplies:
Pacific Point: 4.25 x 11.00 Elements of Style Pacific Point Heat Gun
Black: 3.75 x 4.75 Sincere Salutations Black Ribbon
Pacific Point: 4.50 x 3.50 Bow Easy
Black: 2.00 x 1.25 Black Embossing Powder
Whisper White:1.75 x 1.00 Bleach Paint Brushes
- Rub embossing buddy over cardstock to remove static
- Using versamark ink, stamp image on pacific point cardstock.
- Cover with black embossing powder and tap off excess
- Heat embossing powder with heat gun until melted and glossy- be careful not to scorch
- Set aside to dry
- Stamp greeting on whisper white and using corner punch as desired, then sponge with pacific point ink to desired effect is reached.
- Use corner punch on small piece of pacific point and mount greeting
- Using desired tool (pen, brush etc) apply bleach to floral image and watch it transform
- Use same corner punch on larger pieces.
- Assemble card as shown in photo.