Here is a great card that is also a gift card holder!
We made this in my July Card Class.
This is such an easy card to make....and can be used for a variety of occasions and decorated to be given to a girl, a guy, or a child.
Here is a view of the inside:
Product Supply List:
Starburst Sayings Stamp Set#133185 $22.95
Starburst Framelit Dies #132967 $ 32.95
Zig Zag Embossing Folder#133738 $9.95
Word Window Punch#119857 $21.95
Slit Punch (retired)
Basic Metal Button#133319 $ 8.95
Strawberry Slush Thick Bakers Twine#135367 $4.95
Bermuda Bay Card Stock 4 1/4" x 11" scored at 5 1/2" ##131197 $8.50
Basic Black Card Stock 4 7/8" x 4" #121045 $8.50
Hello Honey Card Stock 1" x 5" #133678 $8.50
Designer Series Paper 3/4" x 5"
Whisper White Card Stock 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" #100730 $9.25
1 Take card base and on one end, about half an inch in from the edge, and centered on panel, punch with the Word Window Punch. This will form the lock for the tab.
2. Now close your card and take a pencil and lightly mark the ends of the slit through the punch you just made in step one. This will give you the guidelines for where to punch to make your tab.
3. Now you are going to remove a piece from each side of the front panel to form the tab. Take the Word Window Punch and punch along the front panel edge, lined up with one of the pencil markings...punch and you will see how you are formed the first half of the tab. Repeat on other side.
4. Now take your scissors and square off the tab. It should fit into the slot perfectly and now you have the closure for your card completed.
Note: If you are worried do a test run on a piece of copy paper so you can "see how it works". I promise, once you do it once, you will say "how easy is that!"
5. Take black card stock and run through the Big Shot with the zig zag embossing folder. Adhere to card front.
6. Adhere dsp to yellow card stock and adhere to card front.
7. Stamp greeting on white card stock and cut out using Starburst Framelit Dies and Big Shot. Adhere to card front using dimensionals.
8. Add bakers twine to button and adhere to card front with glue dots.
Now for the inside. If you have the slit punch you can use it to punch the slits to hold your gift card. If you do not have the punch, just use a piece of designer series paper and some sticky strip and form a pocket on the inside of the card.
Hope you enjoy this tutorial. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.