This is a letter I just received from Stampin' Up! head office...I am sharing it with you as it affects catalog dates etc.
Although this is disappointing news, I totally understand that this is out of their control; and the decisions they have made that are described below are great decisions -it will be better for demonstrators and customers alike!
Upcoming Product Delays
We’ve recently been made aware that, due to the current global shipping crisis tied to the COVID pandemic, we are not likely to receive the majority of product inventory for the upcoming July– December 2021 Mini Catalog or July–August 2021 Sale-A-Bration in time for the demonstrator preorder.
After careful consideration—and in consultation with a group of demonstrator leaders—we have decided to push the launches of both publications back by one month to allow time for inventory to be received.
We are sharing this information with you as far ahead as possible; so you can adjust your planning and communication with customers and team members.
- The July–December 2021 Mini Catalog will in effect become the August–December 2021 Mini Catalog (though the title of the publication will not change—see third bullet point below).
- Preorder: July–2 August 2,2021
- Customer Sales Period: 3 August 2021–3 January 2022
- July–August 2021 Sale-A-Bration will in effect become August–September 2021 Sale-ABration.
- Pre-earn: 1 July–2 August 2021
- Customer Earning Period: 3 August–30 September 2021
- We are in the final proofing stages of the catalog and Sale-A-Bration publications and will be able to adjust the active dates printed on those items to reflect this change and help limit customer confusion.
- Please note that we will not be changing the name of the July– December 2021 Mini Catalog (as “July–December” is the official title of the publication)— only the specific active dates listed on the catalog will be changed.
- Additional transition information will be available toward the end of May in the Catalog Details page under Happening Now on the demonstrator website. We will post a Weekly Update when the information posts.
- The launch delay will help to limit frustration for both demonstrators and customers by increasing inventory availability and predictability.
- The upcoming release of the 2021–2022 Annual Catalog provides a great opportunity to focus on those incredible products during the now additional month before the next mini catalog and Sale-A-Bration release.
- In addition, while we don’t anticipate changing any other announced dates, we’re evaluating business plans during the months impacted by this change for additional opportunities—with demonstrator, customer, and business needs in mind. We will convey any additional information in future communications.