I hope you have all had a great month and got lots of cards and scrapbook pages completed.
1. Did you know that today, October 1st, is World Card Making Day?
World Card Making Day began in 2006 as National Card Making Day. Founded by Paper Crafts magazine to bring card makers together at the beginning of the busiest card-making season of the year, it was first held on October 7, 2006.
The initial celebration involved the Paper Crafts magazine audience only; however, due to the positive response it received and the worldwide popularity of card making, the holiday became known as World Card Making Day from then on.
Celebrating its sixth year in 2011, World Card Making Day is celebrated annually on the first Saturday in October. It's a day for the card-making community to unite and celebrate the connection and creativity that is the heart of card making.
I am celebrating World Card Making Day by making cards to send to the troops overseas, and hopefully brighten their day. How are you celebrating?
2. I am excited to announce that Creating Keepsakes magazine has named Stampin' Up!'s wood- and clear-mount rubber stamps as one of its Top 10 Tools for 2011!
While Stampin' Up! has long been recognized in the stamping and crafting industry for producing high-quality rubber stamps and exclusive images in a variety of artistic styles, being recognized by Creating Keepsakes is just another validation that when you choose Stampin' Up! products, you are choosing the best!
3. Did you know that each year Stampin’ Up! designs an exclusive stamp set to help raise money for Ronald McDonald House Charity. When you purchase the stamp set, Stampin’ Up! will donate $3.00 to RMHC. With the help of demonstrators and customers, so far we have contributed over $1,000,000 so far!
This years set is located on page 16 of the catalog and is called Turtle and Co. It is a great multipurpose stamp set you are sure to enjoy. It is $24.95 for the wood mount set or $17.95 for the clear mount set. Check it out!
4. Class Schedule
Oct-11 Nov-11 Dec-11
Scrapbooking Oct 5@630 Nov1 @630 Dec 1@630
Stamp a Stack Oct 11@630 Nov 10@630 None
Free Crop Oct 15 10-4 Nov19 10-4 Dec 10 10-4
Card Techniques Oct 20@630 Nov 24@630 Dec 15@630
Xmas Cards Oct 25@630 Nov 15@630 None
Fort Garry Cards Oct 12 @630 Nov 9 @630 Dec 7@630
Option 1- Flat Fee Option 2-Free with order of: Option 3 prepay
Scrapbooking $ 20.00 $ 30.00 none
Stamp a Stack $ 20.00 $ 25.00 none
Free Crop FREE FREE FREE
Card Techniques $ 25.00 $ 25.00 none
Xmas Cards $ 25.00 $ 30.00 $ 20.00
Fort Garry Cards $ 20.00 $ 30.00 none
5. Hot New Product of the Month: Simply Scored- without a doubt, this is the most versatile tool you will ever own. Once you have it, you will wonder how you ever crafted without it. It is on page 7 of the Holiday Mini catalog. It is great for scoring cards for the perfect fold, but also for making 3D projects, boxes, envelopes and so much more! It includes a METAL stylus and four place markers. Check it out!
6. Promotions for October:
a) My personal promotion is 10 % off the AWESOME new Simply Scored tool. This is on page 7 of the Holiday Mini Catalog. Cost is $38.95. You must contact me directly for this promotion.
b) Stampin Up promotion for October:
Dates: October 1-31, 2011
Promotion Details: Buy two Simply Sent Kits and get a FREE coordinating stamp set! Our Simply Sent Kits are the ideal choice for the beginning crafter. The card kits offer a variety of basic themes, so it's easy to create cards for any occasion.
Buy any two of the following Simply Sent Kits:
Page Item Description Price
192 122375 Simply Sent Great Day $15.95
193 122377 Simply Sent Everyday Elegance $14.95
193 122376 Simply Sent Sweet Moments $16.95
And get a FREE coordinating stamp set:
Page Item Description Price
192 123682 It's Your Day $10.95
192 124685 Es tu día (Spanish It's Your day) $10.95
192 124800 C'est ta fête (French It's Your Day) $10.95
193 123686 Everyday Wishes $11.95
193 123684 You're Cherished $10.95
193 124865 Chérissons les anges (French You're Cherished) $10.95
7. Sample- of some of the amazing things you can create with the Simply scored:
These medallions/lollies/ flowers are the hot new trend right now.
They look great on cards, scrapbook pages, wreaths, and to embellish other paper projects.
8. Tutorial of the Month:
Cardstock: chocolate chip and very vanilla
Designer Series Paper- your choice in a neutral earthtone shade
Stamps: Dasher, Petite Pairs
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Tools: Simply Scored board, Heat Tool, Clear Embossing Powder, Versamark, Stamp-a-ma- Jig, Cropodile, sticky strip, bakers twine, Big Shot, Circles #2 die, modern label punch, dimensional.
1. Cut chocolate chip cardstock to 11 x 4.25 inches, score and fold at 5.50 inches.
2. Cut DSP at 1.75 inches by 12 inches. Score at every ¼ inch. Use cropadile to punch smallest hole in one end. Thread linen thread or bakers twine through the hole and tie tightly ( this keeps the medallion from coming apart or popping) join two ends with sticky strip
3. Using the circles #2 die and the Big Shot, cut out the 2 inch circle. and the 2 ½ inch circle
4. Using chocolate chip ink, stamp dasher image on the 2 inch circle. If desired, for a shiny look, you can use the Stamp a ma Jig and Versamark and stamp over the image. Apply clear embossing powder and heat with heat tool.
5. Put sticky strip on back and adhere to front of medallion
6. Put sticky strip on back of 2 ½ inch circle and adhere to back of medallion .
7. Adhere to front of card as desired.
8. Using Petite Pairs stamp set, choose the Christmas greetings and stamp on Very Vanilla cardstock. Punch out with modern label punch. Adhere to front of card with dimensionals.
If you would don’t have the items I used for this card, just substitute for what you have on hand. If you would like to attend Technique Class and learn how to make these, we will be doing these in October’s class on the 20th. I only have four seats left….so if you want to attend contact me now!
9. Finally, I have tons of retired stamp sets that I must clear out to make room for the new ones. Sign up for a class in September and get a ballot for a chance to win your choice of any of these retired sets.
Inky hugs til next month,
Phone: 232-7744 Email: email@example.com