Shel’s Stampin News July 2012
Hi Stampers and Scrappers!
Welcome to a new edition of Shel’s Stampin’ News for July.
First off, I want to wish everyone a Happy Canada Day! However you are celebrating, I hope you are surrounded by those you love.
Here is a super quick and easy card I made for Canada Day:
Ok, on to Stamping and Scrapping News- I have a whopping 16 items to tell you about this month, so here we go:
1. New Catalog- most of you have your new catalogs and have placed your initial orders. If you haven’t got a catalog yet, contact me as I still have a couple left….Aren’t you just amazed at some of the new products!!
Here are my top ten favorites:
· World Treasures pg 98
· For the Birds pg 34
· Embellished Events pg 40
· Made For You pg 44
· Papaya Collage pg 75
· Serene Silhouettes pg 75
· Blooming With Kindness pg 87
· Layered Labels pg 103
· All the new framelits- sorry I can’t choose just one
· Essentials Paper Piercing Pack- LOVE IT!!!
2. New Fall Classes- watch for new fall classes and specialty classes- check my blog for details
3. New Promotion for June and July only:
Dates: June 1 - July 31, 2012
Details: During June and July, hostesses who hold a minimum $575 workshop will receive an additional $60 in hostess FREE merchandise dollars-that's in addition to the $90 + 1 item at 50% off they already receive for a $575 workshop! That is a total of $150.00 in FREE products plus one item at 50% off- wow!
Now is the time to book one and get your Big Shot – just invite your friends and family (up to eight people) to my house- all you need to provide is the refreshments- how easy is that? Or if you prefer, you can have a book party, or a basket party- contact me for details!
4. Feedback- I would love to receive your feedback, hear what you would like to see more of (or less of), what classes you would like to have- feel free to email me anytime!
5. Reason To Smile Promotion:
Promotion dates: July 1-31, 2012
Promotion Details: During July, you and your customers have the opportunity to purchase an exclusive stamp set, available only through this special offer!
Get the Reason to Smile Set-up to a $25.95 value-for just $5 when you spend $60 on any Stampin' Up! products.
Reason to Smile Wood-Mount Set
Reason to Smile Clear-Mount Set
6. Become a Demonstrator-if you have ever thought about becoming a Stampin Up Demonstrator, now is the time to give it some thought. They have come out with a new promotion where you can get your starter kit (which you choose the items you want) for just $125.00…..contact me if you want more info.
7. BFF Specialty Class- this is a specialty class being held on Tuesday Aug 28th at 6:30. Cost is $15.00. This is a great opportunity for you to BFF- Bring a Friend for FREE! Yes, you read it correctly, for this class only, you can bring a friend (who has not previously attended my class) for FREE! We will be making one scrapbook page and two cards. They can try and see if they like it at absolutely no cost- how cool is that!
8. Holiday Mini Catalog- yes the holiday catalog will start on August 1st- check my blog on Aug1 to see the WONDERFUL products that are in it. I was AMAZED at this great catalog!! You can preorder a copy for yourself for just $2.00- contact me NOW as my order goes in tomorrow
Even if you live out of town, and want a mini, I can have one direct shipped to your door….just shoot me an email…
I can’t wait to be able to show you all the GREAT products- for me this is the BEST holiday catalog EVER! Wonderful new stamps, Amazing new tools, and the accessories are to die for….I have to place my preorder on July 2 and I am having a really tough time deciding- I WANT IT ALL!
9. Weekly Sketch Challenge- are you in need of some inspiration? Need a reason to open up those ink pads and dust off those stamp sets? I am offering a weekly sketch via email to those who are interested….just shoot me an email to start receiving your weekly inspiration!
10. Are You New To Stamping? Are you curious about stamping and want to try it? Well than my FREE Stamping 101 class is for you! You will learn how easy and fun it is to stamp, different types of stamping, learn about the different products, and even make a free project to take home. Contact me to set up a time.
11. Monthly Card Swap- this is a new idea I have just started this month. Anyone who attends card class is able to participate.
Here’s how it works: each month I will give a specific fold or specific technique or specific sketch. You have all month to create a card. You bring it to class in a plain white envelope and add it to the basket. Everyone who brings a card gets to pick a card from the basket. You have the challenge of creating a card, and the surprise of receiving someone’s card. How fun!
For July, I am going to keep it simple, as I have lots of new stampers, so the challenge will be a standard 4 ¼” x 5 ½” card and you must use the color RED. It will be interesting to see all the variations! So if you wish to participate, make your card and put it in an envelope and bring it to class – someone will get your card and you will get someone else’s- a great way to share your ideas and get new ones!
12. Clearance Rack- with the new catalog released in June, there were new items added to the clearance rack at great savings. Go to www.stampinup.ca and shop now. Be sure to choose me as your demonstrator for added savings. (For instructions on how go to the Shop Now link at the top of my blog.
13. Monthly Sketch Challenges: A couple of months ago, I started giving out sketches in my newsletters for both my scrappers and card makers. It is inspiration for you to create a card or scrapbook page from the sketch I provide.
I have received a few emails from you saying that you love the sketches, but do not want to send me your cards and pages for publication- that is fine! As long as you like to get the sketches, I will continue to provide them….if anyone wishes to share your samples, I would love to have them to share with other readers on my blog. Here is this month’s sketches:
14. Class Schedule: Here is my class schedule for July and August. Classes are filling fast and I have had to schedule extra scrapbooking and extra card classes to meet the demand. Contact me ASAP if you wish to attend.
Thur July 5th - Scrapbooking Class- 6:30
Fri July 6th- Scrapbooking Class- 6:30
Wed July 25th- Card Class- 6:30
Thur July 26th- Card Class- 6:30
Sat July 28th- FREE Crop – 10-4
Thur Aug 9th – Scrapbooking Class- 6:30
Wednesday Aug 15th- Card Class- 6:30
Thursday Aug 16th-Card Class- 6:30
Sat Aug 11th- FREE Crop
Tues Aug 28th- BFF Specialty Class- 6:30
15. News from Stampin’ Up!-
Embossing Buddy- is now available for purchase- finally!
New Paper Trimmer is en route and will be available shortly!
Price increase on the two way glue pen- due to an increase from the supplier, effective immediately the cost for
This item has been changed to $5.95
16. Inspiration Project: Here is this month’s inspiration project featuring Masking Technique:
. Post-It Notes
. Stamping Sponges
1. Stamp your image twice-once on your card stock and once on a sticky note.
2. Then, cut out the image on the sticky note using your Paper Snips.
3. Now you're ready to mask! Place a sticky note over the image you stamped on your card stock, using the repositionable adhesive on the back to hold your image in place.
4. Freely sponge ink or stamp another image over your image with the mask in place.
5. Finish stamping your project.
Well, hopefully that is enough information to keep you going for another month! Enjoy the sunshine and warm weather and I will see you in class!
Phone: (204) 232-7744Blog: www.ShelsCreativeCorner.blogspot.com