January 15, 2011 Tone on Tone Embossing Tutorial
This makes a simple, elegant card suitable for many occasions such as Valentines Day, Anniversary or Wedding.
Stampin Up Whisper White Cardstock- 1 sheet 8.5 x 11
Swiss Dot Embossing Folder
Rectangular Spellbinder Die
Big Shot Machine
Glue Dot and regular adhesive
- Cut paper in half lengthwise ( you will have two pieces each 4.25 x 11 inches)
- Cut one of these papers in half lengthwise (now you will have two pieces 4.25 x 5.5 inches and one piece 4.25 x 11 inches).
- Take one of the 4.25 x 5.5 inch pieces and cut it lengthwise so that you have one piece 1.5 x 5.5 and one piece 2.75 x 5.5 inches.
- Now you should have the following sizes:
1 @ 4.25 x 11
1 @ 4.25 x 5.5
1 @ 2.75 x 5.5
1 @ 1.5 x 5.5
- Using score buddy or bone folder, fold the long piece in half to make card base and set aside.
- Using next largest piece place evenly in Swiss dot embossing folder and run through the Big Shot.
- Punch three hearts from the smallest piece, put inside the Swiss dot embossing folder and run through the Big Shot
- Take the remaining piece of cardstock and using the rectangular spellbinder die, run through the Big Shot to cut and then again with rubber mat to emboss.
- Assemble the rectangular piece to the large piece with adhesive.
- Using glue dot attach small bow with rhinestone to top of rectangle.
- Using adhesive attach three embossed hearts below the bow, evenly spaced.
- Insert a greeting to inside of card if desired.